Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Seize the Birthday Challenge

So one of the things I enjoy doing is making cards, it is super relaxing.  Friends of mine came over on the weekend and helped me out with organizing my craft room so I can now start participating in card challenges (special thanks to OttawaMom and Hayley's Paper Garden - check out their blogs, these are super talented ladies!!).

The first challenge I decided to participate in was Seize the Birthday as my Grandfather will be turning 80 in just a few days.


As the challenge for this week was "Anything Goes" - I decided to use the sketch from "Seize the Sketch" but missed the deadline for that challenge.


I always find it super difficult to create masculine cards but here is my attempt and I wanted it to be super simple as my Grandfather does not like anything over the top.



Tools used:

Paper: Crumb Cake (textured), Very Vanilla, Print Poetry DSP (Retired)
Stamp Set: Happy You (Retired)
Colours: Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Riding Hood Red
Punch: Circle 1 3/4"
Other: Linen thread, Neutral Brads (Retired), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder

Thanks for dropping by! 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world Steph! Perfect blog name! Print poetry is one of my favourite DSP's and perfect for a masculine card - love the added linen thread! Your grandfather is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete