Sunday, February 2, 2014

Engagement Wishes...

Hi Again,

Another post for today.

This morning I had brunch with a great friend whom I haven't seen in quite some time.  She recently had gotten engaged so I wanted to make sure that I had a very special card ready for her.  So, I dug into my new supplies again and came up with this:




I am absolutely in love with how the new Fancy Foil Designer Vellum looks with Very Vanilla card stock.  To me, it just looks elegant.  I wanted this card to have a "champagne" feel to it.  So I stamped the wine glasses from the "Happy Hour" stamp set in Basic Black and Crumb Cake and then used 2-way glue to add Gold Stampin' Glitter over the Crumb Cake portion to make the glass look as if it was full of champagne.  I then added some rhinestones to add some extra bling and serve as the bubbles for the champagne.  I also took some Crumb Cake ink and sponged around the Very Vanilla card stock strip over the vellum just to give it a little more definition.

I truly had a lot of fun making this card!

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

1. CAS(E) this sketch!




Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project with "Sketch."
  2. Create a project using some "Sponging"
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a project with "Sponging using the Sketch."
I decided to skip the "Sketch" on this challenge and on use the "Sponging" technique.

Here is the recipe for this card project:

Card Stock:
Very Vanilla

Ink:
Crumb Cake, Basic Black

Stamp Sets:
Happy Hour

Tools/Techniques:
Gold Stampin' Glitter, Basic Jewels - Rhinestones, Sponging (using Crumb Cake Ink), Fancy Foil Designer Vellum

Thanks for stopping by!!

3 comments:

  1. Another great card, Steph! Love the sponging that you did. It really softens the card. Thanks for playing with us two times this week at the Friday Mashup.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, your girlfriend must have been so happy when she received this beauty! I love how you used the sketch and sponging is perfect. Gotta love the bling;) Thanks for sharing at the Friday Mashup this week;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so elegant and beautiful! Gorgeous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete