Monday, February 10, 2014

Looking for Spring...

Hi again everyone,

I spent some more time in my craft room this afternoon looking for Spring...it didn't really happen as all I see is SNOW when I look out my window but crafting did help!

I really thought that the colors over at the Color Throwdown were screaming Spring this week so I decided to play along with their challenge this afternoon.  


Over at Create with Connie and Mary, Mary had a great sketch (and she's also completely done with Winter and ready for Spring!) which I used for my inspiration.

CCMC289

Combining the two challenges, this is what I came up with:





I decided that I would do a little coloring today and stamped the flower image from the Secret Garden Stamp Set (Stampin' Up!) in Basic Black ink.  I then colored the flower petals using Pink Pirouette and Real Red markers and traced the image again with a Basic Black marker.  I really like how it came out. I also decided to use Hemp Twine for the first time on a card - it was a bit harder to work with than I had initially planed but I like the effect it gives - kind of like a vine.

Here is the card recipe:

Card Stock:
Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding, Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack

Ink:
Basic Black, Pistachio Pudding, Real Red, Pink Pirouette

Stamp Set:
Secret Garden

Tools/Techniques:
Secret Garden Framelits, Basic Jewels - Pearls, Hemp Twine, Stampin' Dimensionals

So what do you think?  Will this do as a little Spring cheer till the real thing arrives?

Thanks for dropping by!

Steph


11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful springy card! Love the different prints you used! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo pretty...I love your gorgeous flower and what a great sketch!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you colored your flower in a two-tone fashion. It looks great with the coordinating layers! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked out my window for Spring, too! Not here, either - lol! I really like the patterns you chose to go with the flower. A fabulous combination! Thanks for joining us in the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by from Darnell's blog to say hi! This is a fab card! Great interpretation of the sketch, and that flower is fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic floral card! The boldness of the patterned paper and the flower really makes me wish Spring was here! Thanks for joining us this week for the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popped over from Darnell's. Well done card. Welcome to blog land.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popping over from Darnell's blog. Great card. I am your newest follower and hope you will pop on over and follow my blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, pretty! Love the colors on here...most definitely ready for spring! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous and happy card. The colors and the flower just made me smile! I makes me believe Spring might actually come! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty card!! I love the patterned paper you used and your large colored flower. Great job on all the challenges!!

    ReplyDelete