Monday, August 18, 2014

A New Technique For Me...

Hi Everyone,

I really hope you are all enjoying your summer - can you believe we are over half way through August already?!?!

I am back again this week with another card for Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge - if you haven't had a chance to join us and play along - now is a great time!  This week is another absolutely fabulous sketch:


This week I decided to try a technique I had never done before - resist embossing.  I was recently watching the feed from this year's Stampin' Up! convention and saw one of the presenters use this technique and I really wanted to try it.  Basically, I used Watercolour Paper and stamped it with Versamark ink.  I then used White Embossing Powder along with my Heat Tool.  I then used my Aqua Painter along with Coastal Cabana ink and painted over the paper.  The ink does not stick to the Embossing Powder and creates this wonderful effect - unfortunately, I found it super hard to photograph - I hope you can see it!  And it really is Coastal Cabana - for some reason the colour almost looks green in some of the pictures... :(

Here is my card:






I really hope you will take some time and come play along with use this week - just click on the link above.  :)

Card Recipe:

Card Stock: Coastal Cabana, Watercolour Paper
Stamp Sets: Bloom with Hope
Ink: Versamark, Coastal Cabana
Tools/Techniques: Emboss Resist, White Embossing Powder, Aqua Painters, In Colour Sequin Assortment (Coastal Cabana)

I would really love if you would take the time to follow my blog!

Thanks for dropping by!
Steph

7 comments:

  1. I love the watercolour over the embossing....it is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the colors of green! It is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and the technique you used, great take on the sketch too.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great technique with beautiful results! I think I will have to try that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great technique. I will have to try it! The card came out beautiful. I love the water color look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so dreamy and I absolutely love the watercolour effect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the embossing over the watercolour affect so pretty!

    ReplyDelete