Sunday, May 24, 2015

2 posts in one night...

Hi All,

Wow - 2 posts in one night!!  It has been a LONG time since I've had a chance to do that.

I spent a little time in my craft room again tonight - I hope it becomes more of a habit again soon.  There were a couple of challenges that I really wanted to play along with...

1. Colour Me...!

This week Colour Me...! had an interesting colour combination - one that I thought would really push me.

2.  Fab Friday

Fab Friday had a super fun sketch - simple but classy still.


Here is my creation:




I really wasn't sure how I was going to incorporate the Bermuda Bay into this one but I think it worked itself out.  I'm hoping it doesn't look too out of place (it doesn't too me ;) ).

Card Recipe (all products used are Stampin' Up! products unless otherwise indicated):

Card Stock: Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Very Vanilla, Typeset Specialty DSP
Stamp Sets: Sheltering Tree
Inks: Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron
Tools/Techniques: Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by, I'm so glad you did!
Steph

5 comments:

  1. Love how you used the colors, Stephanie! Also love how the dot element repeats in both the background and the tree. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice take on the sketch! The larger panel for the tree really works and your colors look Fab as well....I couldn't get any of those to work when I tried that challenge! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fun and I love your use of color! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO pretty! I love that pop of blue under the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete